Yoga with Carole began at the Windham Senior Center one year ago and is VERY popular! The classes are taught by certified Kripalu Yoga instructor Carole Horwell.
Classes in person at the Windham Center as well as via Zoom.
- Chair Yoga: The chair is used for seated postures and also for greater stability in standing and balance postures. Chair yoga is a great form of yoga, especially for those unable to participate in a traditional yoga class due to aging, injury, disability or have difficulty getting down to an up off the floor.
- Tuesdays at 10:00am.
- SilverSneakers and ReNew Active members is free for
- Non-members it is $5.00 per class and $30.00 for 10 classes.
- All level YOGA will help to release tension, activate energy, develope muscle strenght and endurance and imporve balance, co-ordination and flexibility. $10.00 per class
- Gentle Yoga Level 2: This class is practiced entirely down on the mat. Stretch and strengthen your body, as you move through seated, supine (on your back), prone (belly down) and side lying yoga poses. It offers many of the mat based movement in the All Levels Yoga class but does not include any kneeling poses or table top position, therefore no weight bearing on the knees or wrists. This class aims to improve the range of motion of joints, muscles and connective tissue and it seeks to encourage calmness and relaxation.
- Wednesdays at 11:15am
- $10.00 per class
- Silver Sneakers Cardio + Strength: Low impact cardio will elevate your heart rate while building muscle strength and tone with focused strength exercises. Hand held weights, elastic tubing with handles and a small ball can be used. A chair can be used for standing support as well as cool down at the end of class. Come have some fun!
- Thursdays 11:15am
- Free for Silver Sneakers and ReNew Active members
- Non-members it is $3.00 per class
**For the most recent class information and cancellations please see Carole's Website www.yogawithcarole.com